These links will lead you to information aimed at getting you to start thinking about design. Let me know if you come across something you think I should add. This section was suggested by Belinda Chiang, and she very helpfully sent me the links numbered 1, 2, 4, 5 and 6.
- Design Thinking – from IDEO.
- This is How Design Works – specifically for startups, by Wells Riley, a product designer.
- DesignLab – learn the foundations of design through interactive lessons and hands-on projects using in-browser tools.
- Design Thinking Resources – teaching resources from the d.school at Stanford University. Useful for self-teaching.
- D.School Bootcamp Bootleg – a cookbook of methods being taught at Stanford’s d.school.
- Create a Collaborative Space – from the good folks at Fast Company.
- Collective Action Toolkit – resources for creating collective action, from Frog Design.
- Design Mind – a resource from Frog Design featuring design centered content.
- UX is not UI – a blog post by Erik Flowers. He is a UX zealot based in Utah.