My mom and dad have been running small businesses since 1981 when my mom quit her job as a teacher in Kano, Nigeria. She started a school in 1986 which they have been growing since under conditions of high uncertainty. As a result, I am intimately familiar with the pressures entrepreneurs face. Founder anxiety and depression is the single issue that I worry about the most, over and above everything else. I am gathering this information as a start, but I’d like to eventually develop a structured set of best practices that investors can implement to help the founders of startups in which they invest manage and overcome this problem. People come first, everything else is a distant second.
Let me know if you find something else I should add here. Also, share this with other founders.
- Some Practical Thoughts on Suicide by Tim Ferriss.
- 60 Podcasts To Make You A Well-Rounded Entrepreneur in 2015
- Product Hunt Tackles Startup Founder Depression
- SoundCloud – The Reboot.io Podcast with Jerry Colonna
- Dealing with Depression: Self-help and Coping Tips to Overcome Depression
- Mental Health America: Find Support Groups
- Mental Health Professionals